Re: Oil sender?

You CAN reseal your sender switch. Remove it from the motor,
disassemble, clean, (with alcohol) and reassemble using silicone
sealer as you go. A little goes a long way so use sparingly. It seems
that they mostly leak from the stem, not where they screw into the
motor but a SMALL dab will prevent any leaks when you reinstall. Again
inspect the wire where it comes down alongside the motor, the heat
makes it crispy (brittle). You can also test the light by grounding
the wire, when you touch it to ground the oil light should illuminate.
It should also light up as you turn the key and before you start the
motor as there is no oil pressure at that point.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757