The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Hi All,

I'm finally wrapping up the interior... only the center console and headliners are left to go, and we're reskinning the seats tomorrow.  The exterior is likewise just about ready... cleaning, brushing and detailing are all that remain.

I've been a bit bothered by my ride height.  I have Fred Lockett's springs and shocks that I received unused with the car.  The front springs are supposed to lower the ride height by about 2", but right now the front end looks even -higher- than stock.  I've seen this before with new springs, as often they take a while to settle.  A while though, I don't have, so I stopped at a hardware store and asked them for "400 pounds of something heavy, compact, and cheap".  Ten 40 pound bags of topsoil are now sitting in the trunk, and it's lowered the front end dramatically.  Imagine that.  Anyway, the height from level ground to the bottom of the front air damn was about 10.5".  It's now sitting at 5.5" and looks goooood.  I'd be happy if it evened out at somewhere between 7 and 8 inches.

Now, before I get all kinds of emails about hauling dirt to Memphis, I'm not going to.  This is simply to sit in there for a couple of days to help coerce the springs down to their normal height faster.  You also may being saying, "hey Dave... I can only fit 320 pounds of topsoil in my D".  (If you're as insane as I am, that is).  You would be right though, I can't get the trunk closed with more than eight bags.  I'll be taking it down further to five bags (200 pounds) for about 100 miles of break-in driving on Saturday.  Maybe it'll help, maybe not.  I could always use the topsoil though; the yard's looking a little bare this year anyway.

In other news, I was able to locate a $4 mirror mounting kit for my compass/temp inside mirror.  It has two different sized -plastic- buttons, and includes the mounting pad.  This should solve the potential issue with the metal mirror button and the glass expansion.

That's it for now.

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927
http://www.projectvixen.com