Swapping engines.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> Moderator is soon going to tire of my predicament, especially
since I
> don't even have the car yet (I'm looking, trust me). But many
considerations
> aside, is there a "moral" or "spiritual" reason to keep cars as
built
> (fuel injected PRV).
<SNIP>

Like I said before, when you keep the engine stock, you'll keep
the support for it. Other than perhaps an increase in power, there
really is no advantage to swapping the engine. Parts wise, the
DeLorean is MUCH cheaper than other automobiles in a good
many respects. And obvously, availability is not an issue.

Support wise, the DeLorean carries the best of any automobile
that I've ever seen. Yeah, there's alot more people that can talk to
you about other makes/models of cars. But since the DeLorean
community is so much smaller, the information distributed is
much more accurate because information distribution (mailnly
thru the online presence of the DML) is put thru many more
filters by direct experts for accuracy.

Is it wrong to do an engine swap in a DeLorean? I don't know,
because that is going to be a question that only you can answer.
After all, it doesn't matter what the opinions of others are. It is
after all going to be your car. What I normally reccomend to
others is to first try out the PRV. Drive it, and see what you think
of it. Myself, I know that I want more power out of my car, so I'll
probably just go the route of a high performance engine from
DMC Houston. Now if I were to come across a car that had no
engine, then I would probably consider the installation of a
different engine. That though would be a different case. The
price of a new PRV engine would probably outweigh the cost of a
crossover. But that's a different situation for myself than it would
be you. I have a DeLorean, and have it to fall back onto in the
sense of being able to drive it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is this: Try drving a DeLorean
around, and see what it's like, and decide for youself how much
you enjoy it. Not owning one, I realize that this does indeed
present a bit of a catch-22 situation. But try to show up at a
regional meeting to two. Especially one perhaps where DMC
Houston might show up with one of their test cars. You may just
find that the hi-po, or even the regular engines may just suit your
tastes.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"