Re: [DML] Power Steering

I have heard that it has been done before, but I haven't seen any photos or
specs. There is plenty of room for improvement without adding power
steering. First, make sure your steering rack has the proper amount of oil
in it. Also make sure the steering rack boots are intact because torn ones
will allow the oil to leak out. Second, install lowered front springs.
With the OEM high spring setup, the steering rack has to reach down to turn
the wheels. The further the tie-rods reach down, the more steering force is
wasted. When you are turning the wheel, some of that force is actually
wasted by jouncing the front suspension!

The last thing the DeLorean needs is another large electrical load at low
RPMs. If you made an electric steering rack fit, you would need to come up
with a better way to get good alternator output at low RPM.

Walt