various

>>>if you want to change the color of your car, i would suggest
either getting it painted and clearcoated by a very reputable shop
that knows what they are doing and have hopefully done one before, OR
the ultimate - anodizing. <<<

I doubt one can anodize stainless. Only certain metals can be
anodized. Anodization requires an oxide layer that naturally forms on
metals like aluminum and the corrosion resistant properties of 304
are the very thing that wouldn't permit anodization.

>>>Or you can just spend the bucks and buy a really flapper wheel (if
you can find one).<<<

I see many places on the Internet that sell "sand-O-flex" wheels.
As I understand it, this is exactly whats needed?

>>>Negative, it was something he called "F-12" (80% R-134a and 20% R-
12)! They had recently stopped carrying R-12 entirely!<<<

Sounds like FR-12 or Freeze 12. There are many so called "drop in"
replacements for R12. FR-12, HotShot, Freeze 12, etc. Despite the
claims, the A/C jury is still out on these. (Hey, propane and butane
are great refridgerants also, but you wouldn't want to use them.)

R12 is still legal to use in the USA, just can't be manufactured.
Recovered and "virgin" domestic supplies are still plentiful however.
Btw, Mexico was not a participant of the Montreal Convention (which
banned R12) and alot of R12 is "imported" from there.

Still, its up to about $45/lb retail these days. (I have several 30
lb cylinders I bought five years ago and they've been a great
investment, better than the Nasdaq. :-)

R134 Conversions? There is much to know about them, just don't buy
any such kit sold for $40 at the auto stores, you'll be disappointed.
These conversions require much more work than people are led to
believe. In spite of what I said above, I would try an alternative to
R12 first before doing a true 134 conversion.

Btw, if you have an A/C problem you can try www.aircondition.com.
Myself and other A/C people answer questions on the board there.
Also, for about $25, you can take a multiple choice online open book
test and instantly receive EPA certification. This will allow you to
buy all the R12 you want but its no substitue for understanding
mobile A/C. (Another example of our Guv'ment at its best, restrict a
substance and then practically give away the license to get it.)

The certification will allow you to go back to the old days of buying
and putting a can or two in with a tap (assuming you like paying $35
for a 12 oz can), but if you don't have recovery equipment (or don't
understand what your doing) you could have some legal problems if you
dabble in it and get caught. Not to mention damaging the system or
getting hurt, R12 can be very dangerous under certain conditions.
Best to convert, or take it to a shop and pay the R12 price.

Gary