Re: [DML] Idle Speed Screws

In a message dated 5/26/02 6:04:47 AM Central Daylight Time, wmack@xxxx
writes:

> I can adjust the idle adjustment screws so get the idle down to about 750
> rpm, but it only lasts about 1 trip and then it goes back to 1500-2000 rpm.
> what could be the reasoning behind this?
>
> Thanks
> Willie
> Vin 5043

Willie,

first we must know if you are adjusting the three brass screws on the top of
the air meter assembly (these should be left alone - adjust them so that they
are lightly seated closed - don't use a wrench, hand tight is ok) or if you
are adjusting the two steel screws on the throttle arm. your throttle may be
out of adjustment. or maybe something is loosening up on you as you drive.
make sure everything along the throttle is tight and moves freely.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102