Re: Overheating Fuel Tank. (Long!)

Other sources of heat that are overlooked are the fuel pump and the
fuel pressure regulater. Much of the fuel pushed to the motor is
returned to the tank by the regulater but the process adds heat to
the fuel besides it is also running past that hot motor so it is in
effect cooling the mixture unit too by carrying heat away from it to
the tank. If hot fuel is a real problem then the ultimate fix is going
to be a heat exchanger on the fuel return line to keep the heat of the
motor from getting into the tank.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757