Re: [DML] Type of fuel to use

Mike,

Yes, there can be a problem using higher octane fuel than what you need.
Higher octane fuel doesn't burn as easily. This is to prevent the fuel from
igniting too soon in a high performance engine with high compression. When
you use high octane fuel in an engine designed for lower octane, you can
get incomplete burning of the fuel, leading to engine deposits in the
combustion chamber. Over a period of time these deposits can build up and
cause problems with the engine. A few tanks of premium won't hurt anything,
but sustained use will.

So, in an un-modified DeLorean engine, stick with the 87 octane.

Mark N
VIN 6820