Spare Tire. It Works!!!

Due to a nail in the side curvature of the tread on my tire, I need
to seal it. No repair shop would touch it, which I can understand.
Anyhow, I went home, and shot some fix-a-flat inside hoping to
cure it. After I completed the settling drive, I decided to take a
look @ my spare. I inflated it a couple of times up to 60psi, and
drained it. To my surprise, it became plyable again. So, I took it
back to the shop, and explained to the guy that my spare
wouldn't hold any air. So long story short, he poped the tire off
the rim, and reseated it. But he also coated the tire bead with
"speed seal" before he inflated it. The stuff was black, and
smelled like model airplane glue. I let it sit overnight, and put it
back into the trunk this morning. When I went to leave work this
afternoon, I noticed the fix-a-flat failed, and the tire was almost
flat. If I was going to damage a rim due to a bad tire, I figured I
rather ruin the spare. So I threw it on, and away I went. I'm happy
to say that after 11 miles, and 6 hours mounted on the rear, the
tire pressure is still @ 60psi!

Just thought that I too might share a happy story of sorts with
everyone here that had a good ending (except for the rear tire
anyways). For the most part, the tire ran quiet, and only slightly
rough. So there is hope for those pesky spares that can't hold
air!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"