Re: [DML] Engine lift

Before you go and try to replace the old pan. There are replacement oil pan plugs for stripped oil pan threads. This would be a lot less work. You might have to do some digging since it is metric, but a good import auto store should have what you need. Foreign auto in Downers Grove, IL might be a good start.

BOB

wmack wrote:

So the lastest problem that I ran into is, I stripped the threads of the oil drain plug. Not the plug itself, but the oil pan. So what I think I have to do is put a new oil pan in. So to do that i need to lift the engine up just a little bit to get to all the bolts for the oil pan. So my question is where are the engine mounting bolts that i have to loosen and what is the best way to lift the engine for what i need.

Thanks
Willie
Vin 5043
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/wmack