Re: [DML] Type of fuel to use

My 1981 Owner's Manual states: "Your De Lorean is designed to operate at
factory specifications on UNLEADED GASOLINE only of at least 87 anti-knock
index (R+M/2) (91 research octane number)."

Here in the US the octane noted on the gas pump is R+M/2 or "anti-knock
index". So, 87 octane is fine for these cars unless you've modified the
motor for more horsepower. With a stock engine stay with the 87 unless you
get pinging. Too high of octane means that the fuel may not burn completely
and it could leave deposits in the engine.

Mark N
VIN 6820