Re: [DML] More questions

mccarthy410 wrote:

> One, is the DeLorean shift pattern for the manual the same as any
> other car?

MOST cars have 1-5 as you state. Reverse is still car-specific in europe, and the
DeLorean's is to the left of 2, and requires the shifter to be lifted to slot it into
reverse.

> Four, I know most speedometers go up to 85MPH, I've
> seen ones that go to 95, 140 and 170. Is this worth doing or is it
> mostly for asthetics?

The US spec production speedo goes to 85. The BTTF car's was doctored to go to 95. The
Euro-spec cars have 140mph speedos and someone reproduced them in a small number with
some slight modifications. The 170mph speedo is/was an aftermarket option from some
DeLorean vendors. The Canadian spec cars have 240kph speedos.

Martin