Re: [DML] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Re: [DML] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

> Question though: Should I install the front windshield now, or wait until
all of the interior (like the dash pad) is installed first?

Which ever order you install them in, be sure to do a neat job with the
windshield adhesive around the defrost vents. On some cars there is a lot
of "caulk bead" showing. I would like to know if anyone has any pointers on
cleaning up a sloppy job. I assume mine is originally sloppy from the
factory, and I would like to find a way to hide/clean it up. I'm thinking
about sewing up a welt using some cord covered with upholstery fabric and
then tucking/gluing it into the gap. Maybe if you know what to look out
for, you can install your windshield in such a way to avoid having a bead
show.

Walt