Re: [DML] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Re: [DML] The Resurrection of Vixen Continues...

Hi Dave,

"Stragand, Dave" wrote:

> I still haven't put the back window in yet (doing that tonight with urethane windshield adhesive), but I figured that any changes in alignment that might happen due to the glass being installed would be minimal, so doing a "rough" alignment with the glass out would help reduce the possibilty of any breakage. I know the chances are minimal if you use the correct tooling and jig, but I'm still a bit paranoid about breaking it anyway. (A big thanks goes out here to Pete Lucas who let me borrow his very nicely-built jig for this procedure.) I'll do a "final alignment" when all the glass is in, and a final torsion bar adjustment when the doors are 100% back together.

Do I take this to mean you have a jig for installing the fixed door glass? Could you post a photo as the pass door glass has been falling in since I got my car - I'd love some ideas on a jig.

> Question though: Should I install the front windshield now, or wait until all of the interior (like the dash pad) is installed first?

Certainly had no trouble removing the broken one on #2727 and installing a new one with the interior intact (and perfect). We did get a local mobile bloke to come and do it though.

> I managed to con my girlfriend into spending a nice, quiet evening with a bottle of "Goo-Be-Gone" and my door seal mounting areas, cleaning off all of the old adhesive and muck. She actually enjoyed it (much to my surprise) so I'm going to set her to clean some interior components next.

*LOL* - I found the same thing with my mate Steve (owner of RHD #6896) - removing the old goo off my car with thinners. He was getting quite merry by the second door!

Dave remind me I owe you at least a beer or two when we meet at Memphis!

Martin