Re: [DML] vacuum leak?

Andy, The bolt it's self doesn't get into the vacuum area, but if it isn't
cinched up good and the gasket tight, then yes you will have a vacuum leak.
You might also check to make sure the spacer ring and the o ring on the W (
air Horns ) going into the throttle body are good and tight.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< oday i was tinkering with my car and i noticed something odd. you know
that
plate that sits on the W-pipe on the intake manifold? there are two bolts
that hold it down to the manifold with a paper gasket between them. one on
of the bolts there is a wire harness clip holding the engine wiring.
anyway,
i noticed that i was missing a bolt in it, probably from this winter when i
put my new waterpump in. i have some extra hardware around so i put a bolt
and washer in it, and started the car. it seems to run a little smoother,
or
maybe it's just my imagination.

would this plate being loose or missing a bolt cause a vacuum leak? i don't
remember what is under the plate from this winter. perhaps this is another
place where people should look when they have a rough idle....