Re: [DML] What I would look for If I bought another "D"

Re: [DML] What I would look for If I bought another "D"

Look for rust in the front crumple tube area that supports the radiator/fan
assy and front torsion bar. Look for peeling epoxy everywhere on the frame.

Pull the mat out of the trunk and check if the access covers have been
removed and are loose. If loose ckeck for broken/siezed rivnuts. With the
covers off you can see the fuel pump boot and boot cover. It's probably shot
if it was stored with gas in it.

If the car was sitting for a long time elevate the front wheels and turn the
front wheels from lock to lock by grasping the tire itself. If it's not
smooth you may have rack, u-joint, ball joint or steering column bushing
issues.

Check the speedo angle drive.

Look under the drivers side dash where the clutch pedal push rod passes thru
the fire wall into the clutch master cyl. If there is any sign of brake fluid
the clutch mast cyl is shot.
Engage and release the parking brake. See if it actually works.....
Check all the headliners on both the T section and the doors. Push on the
fabric with your finger. If it compresses and doesn't immediately return to
its orig position the foam backing has rotted away and will need all new
headliner.

Run the heater fan, all speeds....noisy?

Not complete but some additional things to consider.
Jim 6147