Free Flow Exhausts available

Hi all

Some of you may have picked up on Chris Parnham's post a few days ago. I
have found a firm who are prepared to make, to order, a complete exhaust
system for the DeLorean entirely from 304 polished stainless steel, and
Chris took "Delores" down to see them last week.

The system will comprise of a pair of new manifolds pointing backwards
into a free-flowing silencer (muffler) which mounts exactly as the stock
box. The Cat will therefore be removed, and the silencer will be
free-flowing and as noisy or as quiet as you want. The tailpipes can be
of the 83 style (65mm flared) or 81 style (45mm "pea-shooters")

Chris already has one of his cars booked in for the preliminary work in
July. The jigs they make will be used to create the set for my car
afterwards, to test the jigs. Thereafter the system can be
made-to-order.

The company fabricating the system is www.stainless-exhausts.com I spoke
to them today to confirm the process. Basically the first system they'll
make is unlikely to make them any money, and the price will be fixed
from the first one assuming they are made individually, to order.

However, if enough people are interested, we can get a better price on a
large order. Please let me know what you think.

Currently the price is likely to be around £800 per system.

Martin
DOC UK