Re: [DML] In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

Re: [DML] In a word, FRAM Oil Filters SUCK!

> If you could not get the filter off you should be ashamed of putting it
> on so tight. It did not tighten itself.

Now, now, Jim. Be polite. :-) All filters I have ever come across say to
tighten somewhere between 3/4 to 1 full turn after the gasket touches the
engine block. Tightened like this, I am almost never able to get them off
without using an oil filter wrench. It is easy to get them tight enough by
hand on the DeLorean because there is plenty of room to reach around the
filter. But to get the filter off without the proper tool, some people stab
through them with a screwdriver (driven by a hammer) and use that to get
leverage to get it unscrewed.

Walt