Re: What size is the Axle stub nut

--- In dmcnews, Paul Salsbury wrote:
> I need to remove my NUT,STUB AXLE.INNER.RH
> part no 108514 to change my front discs, however
>I will have to go and buy a socket as I don't have one
> large enough. What size is it? it looks around a 32mm.

As far as I know it IS a 32mm, I'm unfortunate enough to
have plenty of exprience with the LH side concerning my
AngleDrive and a worn wheel bearing...

It's best to use a so called "Power-Socket", these have
a hexagonal opening instead of the more common
12 pointed ones. The hexagonals have a bigger face
of contact on the nut, so you can exert more force
without damaging the nut.

This same thing applies to our lugnuts by the way:
mine were completely worn from using a 12 pointed socket.
So bad even that I couldn't even remove them with one
anymore. A hexagonal socket helped me out there and
since then I've replaced all of my lugnuts anyway.

Hope this helps,

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000