Leaky Windshield

I just completed a 1400 mile trip in my D. In general
the car was a joy to drive, as it always is, but I did
experience a problem that I had never encountered
before; a leaky windshield. I plan to have the the
glass resealed by a "glass shop", but I wondered what
had caused this to suddently occur (I have driven in
downpours many times without any leaks).

The car had just recently been in a "DeLorean repair
facility" and had been up and down on the lift
several times. I'm not trying to lay blame, but I
wonder if that activity could cause the problem.

Any thoughts?

Dick Ryan