Re: [DML] Intermittent wackiness

Travis,

>From your description it appears that you have the two vacuum lines at the
vacuum solenoid canceled backwards. Try reversing the two lines and see if
you problem goes away. Also keep in mind that the vacuum solenoid and idle
speed motor are both activated by the idle speed micro switch. If this
switch is malfunctioning you will have both a high idle and advanced timing
condition.

You also said:
"I hear a hissing coming from the plug that covers the CO adjustment
screw ...."

The access hole should be plugged, any screw or bolt that blocks the flow of
air through this hole will work. A golf tee will also do the job.

You also said:
"I removed the mixture control unit. Does this mean it's gasket
needs to be replaced as well ......."

Only if the upper and lower half of the mixture control unit was separated.

You also said:
"My idle is higher than it should be 1200-1500 RPM and my engine
is running too rich. ..........."

You will need to correct your high idle problem prior to performing any
other fuel system service procedures.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
"Summer Parts Sale"
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv