Re: [DML] Turns over, doesn't start.

In a message dated 4/24/02 6:09:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
sean_mulligan@xxxx writes:

> Was wondering if anyone could help me. Monday while I was driving
> my D around town the engine would cut out every so often for a few
> seconds. This only happened a few times.
>
> When I got it home I let it sit for a while and tried to start her
> up again. She turned over, but didn't start. I know it's not a low
> battery, because I threw it on the charger for a while. I've ruled
> out a hot start problem as well. Does anyone know what might be
> causing this from the few clues I have to offer?

Sean,

one day i was cleaning my engine and i use a universal dressing on all of my
hoses and lines to keep them new-looking. anyway i accidently loosened one
of the plug wires so it wasn't making a good connection. i was driving later
that day and every now and then my car would just die for no reason. it
happened three times and each time i couldn't figure out what happened, then
i'd get back in my car and it would start again. when i got home i found the
loose plug wire. check all of your wires including the coil wire if you
haven't already. also check all of the connections on the ignition resistor
as well and make sure they are tight. sometimes it's the stupid things!!

Andy
Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102