Re: Defroster switches..

--- In dmcnews, "adam" wrote:
> My defroster switch has been broken since I've had my car
> so i dont know what the correct operation for this switch is.
> Does this switch stay in the "on" position until pressed
> back into the "off" position?

Yes it does; it's just a plain on/off switch.

> I am wondering because I may buy a new one to use
> as an auxilary switch for the cooling fans.

If you're planning to do so I'd suggest ordering a new
reproduction switch from DMC in Texas;
they have 'm available without the print now for the
same price.

Check them out at their website:
#101638 Defrost Switch $49.95 (is WITH print)
#111638 On/Off Switch $49.95 (WITHOUT print)
#111639 On/Off Switch (pair) $89.95 (TWO WITHOUT print)

You can easily replace either or both dummy switches
with these to manually override the Fans or something else.

Good luck with these,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000