Re: [DML] intermittent signal indicators

I started having this problem last week! But mine was worse because the left front signal light would also not work and the rear light would flash fast as if the front one had burnt out. The left turn signal light connector block (behind headlights) was loose on my car, I just electrical taped it into a tight position, and now my turn signal light works fine. But the binnacle indicator for the left turn signal still stops working now and then...

Adam
From: Soma576@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] intermittent signal indicators
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:40:33 EDT

hey list,

i have an extremely annoying problem. lately my instrument cluster turn
signal indicators have been on the fritz. seems like every now and then, one
of the lights will stop working. all of my exterior lights work but for some
reason the indicators will not flash. i have pulled the binnacle off about
three times now to check into the problem and it seems like if i take out the
bulb holder and then put it back in the light will work again. the bulb
holders are in excellent condition and the bulbs have been replaced. i have
a new PCB board as of last year and all of my connections seem tight. i even
tried bending the tabs on the holders so they would fit tighter but it
doesn't seem to do any good. does anyone have any idea on what the problem
is and what i can do to fix it? sometimes if i just ignore the light it will
come on again in a few hours or couple days.

this problem is super-annoying and i'm getting tired of taking my binnacle
off!!!

please help!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx