Re: Vacuum brake bleeding kits

I've used them before and they generally work well. I still favor a
cheaper one man bleed technique which consists of a glass jar, some
length of rubber tubing and brake fluid. One end of the rubber tube
is fitted over the bleed screw and the other end is inserted into
the glass jar that is filled half way with brake fluid. Open up the
bleed screw, get in the car and slowly pump the brakes. As you press
down on the peddle, air and fluid is expelled into teh jar, as you
lift off the peddle brake fluid (not air) is drawn into the caliper.
After doing it a few times close the bleed screw and move to the
next one. I try to get someone to help me just to watch the jar for
bubbles. I tell them to let me know when the bubbles stop as I press
the peddle and then I close up the bleed screw.

There is a method to bleeding the brakes though, like bleed the
front left then move to the rear right and so on (not the exact way)
I can't remember the sequence and I'll have to look it up...maybe
someone on this list knows? It may not be important to follow but I
try to follow it when I need to do it.

Steve