Re: [DML] leather interior - binnicle repair

Re: [DML] leather interior - binnicle repair

In a message dated 4/12/02 6:07:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
marv@xxxx writes:

> I had my binnicle repaired 2 times by an expert in the upholstery repair
> business. He has been doing this kind of work for years for used car
> dealers. . He said that was the first time he failed. The original
> binnicle, if in the sunlight for many years, will crack and fade. No
> fill-in product seems to work properly whether silicone or otherwise. I
> removed mine from the dash (not hard to do) and had an auto upholsterer
> that specializes in custom car interiors, upholster the binnicle in grey
> vinyl with the standard DeLorean double row of stitching across the top
> edge. He put on a thin layer of material to eliminate the cracks from
> showing through. It looked absolutely great and did not look like a cheap
> fix. Cost me $75.00.

A previous owner to my car had something similar to this done with my
binnacle as well. i can feel under the vinyl/leather that the binnacle is
cracked underneath but the covering perfectly matches my car's black interior
and looks extremely factory. it even shines the same way! it is stitched
and wrapped in an OEM style. it looks great and i would recommend it to
anyone!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596