Re: [DML] Re: Window Track Tricks?

You said:
"I checked it out myself and ended up elongating the holes that the
guide rail bolts to and repositioned the guide rail."

In 9 out of 10 cases a "running off the track" condition is related to a
miss-aligned motor drive cable. The factory did a great job in the constancy
and accuracy of the guide rail mounting position. Proper alignment of the
motor regulator is the secret to smooth window operation. Yes, you may have
corrected your problem by modifying the mounting holes but I don't recommend
that other owners do this.

The window guide rail mounting holes are elongated from the factory and
leave plenty of room for adjustment. My recommendation to anyone
encountering the "running off the track" problem is do not attempt to adjust
the rail guides unless you are absolutely certain that an adjustment is
necessary.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv