Re: Window Track Tricks?

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1@xxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> But after assembling everything, it popped off again. this time,
> totally off the track.
>
> Is there any fix/trick to this?

I had a similar issue with my second DeLorean when I first got it
where the window would often pop off the track. In my case the root
cause of the problem was that the stop clamped halfway down the lift
guide had slid down the channel slightly allowing the window to
descend too far. When lowering the window it would travel too far
down the track such that the guides at the bottom of the window
carriage would travel past the bottom of the rails and pop off. In my
case the fix as as simple as getting the stop in the right place.

The stop is pretty cludgy and I had a hard time getting to it. It
also didn't seem to grip the channel well (which is probably why it
had shifted downward in the first place). To improve this, I used a
supplemental stop fashioned from a piece of rubber hose and a hose
clamp tightened around the round window channel. There is no
provision for tightening the clam in place (halfway down the interior
of the door), but I tightened it up high on the channel where I could
get at it until I could barely slide it down the channel and then
slid it down and into place. The combination of the rubber stop and
the original metal clamp gives me a secure stop at the right height
preventing the window from descending past the bottom of the rails.

Knut