Re: [DML] Installing auto tranny comp

I plan to install my auto tranny computer this weekend. I crawled under the car today to get a look around, and I cant see where some of the cables connect.. my question is: are any of these cable connected to the top of the transmission, or anyother area that is blocked by the car? I really dont want to have to remove my transmission for this seemingly simple install.. Just what is involved with installing one of these anyway? What kind of things should I look for when removing or installing one?

Does the spindle gear have to be rotated to a specific position when installing?

Also, I noticed that one of the previous owners has attached a heat sink (looks like a CPU heat sink) to the metal cover of the module.. seems like a good idea to me! I wonder if he applied heat transferring silicon gel to the backs of the transistors inside.... has anyone else done this? Do you think it would make a noticable difference? I think I will do it to the new one as well.

Adam