Fuel Pump and hot start problems

	Hello,
As many of you know, and some of you experienced first hand, my fuel pump died at the last ETDOC meeting, but I happend to have an extra from one of the other guys, so I changed it in the hotel parking lot. THe car ran, fine, but I wanted to put a new fuel pump in, (the one I put in at the hotel was an original long neck pump from an 81, I did not want to keep this one in there) I bought a new fuel pump, and the car ran fine. Now however I have a hot start problem, and I smell a little bit of gas when I get out of the car, It smells like it is comming from the exhaust or engine, but the car runs just like before, it just has a problem starting up when it is slightly hot.

I know the rest of the info my be long, so My basic question is I have a kind of hot start problem, that does not seem like the accumulator to me, what else could it be, oor am I wrong and it is athe accumulator?
THe rest of this message is more clues for those who would like to aid in my detective work
When I first replaced the pump I was going to leave the original check valve in, when I did this, I could not start the car, is it possible that thecheckvalve failure is what made my original pump fail? (The long neck pump had a built in checkvalve, so when I replaced it at the hotel parking lotit did not matter that my original ruined checkvalve remained connected tothe pump.
When I tried to connect my new pump to the old checkvalve, the car would not start therefore the checkvalve was bad, after replacing the checkvalve, I found it very difficult to tighten the dome nut to the valve. Is it possible that the car is not starting hot because the pump's nut is not holdingthe pressure when the car is not running. This seems to fit the facts, however there is no gass leaking at the pump (at least there was not any whenI replace the pump)
I replaced the accumulator about 3 years ago, and I must say this problem does not seem like the accumulator, (unless this is how it starts and it gets worse) When my accumulator went bad, there was no hope for starting thecar when it was hot, now I can start it, if I play with the gas and crank it for 10 minutes, so it does not seem like the same problem the accumulator was giving me before.
If I stop the car, and 20 minutes later start it, it starts fine, its roughly the 2-5 hours where the trouble is.
Thanks
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 6808