Re: speedo broken, help needed

Bruce - Based on the "squeaking" noise in the driver's side footwell,
I'm going to suggest that the lower cable has bid you a fond farewell.
It is also possible that the Lambda counter has failed, but that is
unlikely. The lower cables are not a big deal - all of the vendors
carry them. My personal recommendation would be
www.delorean-parts.com , but any good source would be fine. If it's
not the cable, then the next possible failures are with the little
plastic "dust cap" that actually drives the lower cable through the
angle drive, or it could be the angle drive itself ($$). I would
definitely focus on the lower cable first. BTW - When my cable failed
(as you can see, I speak from experience), I simply had a new one made
at a local shop. The outer casing was good, but the actual drive
cable inside the casing had broken. A replacement cost me about $12,
and I simply slid it into the upper end of the casing, without removal
of the angle drive or anything. Whatever you do, don't panic!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1