-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:02 AM

Based on my interpretation of the messages James posted last time this subject came up (which is what caused the creation of the Concours mailing list) was that DMC Houston DOES have the final and ultimate authority on the judging rules of the events they sponsor. DMC Houston is NOT a club, with a committee. I have no problem with that, but those are the facts!

In addition, "NO COMPENSATION short of the parts business that the concoursgenerates..." is making the parts business seem like a side effect of thisevent. I challenge that and say, the parts business the concours generates *IS* the reason for the event. I have no problem with this either, because I assume all the participants are aware of this.

Past winners would be the best judges? David, if you want to be a judge just ask James.. :) I'd vouch for you knowledge of DeLoreans, but I think that would do more harm than good.

I don't participate in this event.. so why should I care?? It is my disagreement with your last statement "will elevate the Deloreans to a higher level of value which is good for everybody." I think the Concours event is not only hurting the value and image of our cars, it also makes DeLorean events stressful (even for those who do not participate) and competitive.

Just for clarification to DMC Houston, James, and all of the other readers... My comment was only to say that in the past it has been stated that "Ifyou want to win the Concours, you have to go by the manual"... Where the message that was posted recently (that re-started this discussion) said "the concours judging is based on how closely the car adheres to the engineersand designers originally intended specifications." and those two statements are VERY different! (Adding to the frustration surrounding this event.)