Re: Air Horns on a Delorean

Farrar,

J. C. Whitney has an inexpensive 3 trumpet air horn kit under $30 and
it puts out 134db in a tone that has a slight european sound to it.
I have a set mounted in D REX, you can see a photo of them on my
projects website, www.entermyworld.com/rich, under St. Pat's parade
section. Of course you cannot mount them in the same place on a stock
Delorean, but you can mount them near the fan shroud, preferably in a
slightly turned downward position, to help moisture drain out.
I would also recommend mount a seperate horn button for the air horns.

I'll see if Tamir can do a short video/audio clip for the website so
you and others can hear what they sound like for yourself.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
> Frank, Steve, and others who were talking about the horns:
>
> If you really want to be loud, I know it's possible to mount
airhorns behind the grilles of some modern cars.