Re: [DML] Making a Automatic in to a 5-speed.

Re: [DML] Making a Automatic in to a 5-speed.

Marc,

As you know, I changed my 5 speed to an automatic.

The easy part is adapting the shifter. It is higher up on the stick and lower on the automatic.

However, the frame mounts are a problem. The automatic brackets are different from the stick . You would have to change these. Welding may also be necessary. You could fabricate the backets yourself and weld them on the frame. They were of the same thickness as the frame steel.

Bob