Re: E-CHECK

There are many reasons why you could have failed your emision test.
When the PRV-6 is properly tuned up and running it is an exceptionaly
clean running engine. Start with the basics, it might be time for a
tune-up replacing the spark plugs, ignition wires, cap, rotor, fuel
filter. Do an oil change and replace the oil filter. Check the
ignition timming and make sure there are no vacuum leaks. If that
doesn't get you to pass then you will have to go to a shop that has an
exhaust gas analyzer and have them adjust the mixture screw as per the
Workshop manual. Since you are a brand new owner if you don't yet have
the manual it should be 1 of the first things on your list of items
that you order from one of the Delorean venders. Also make sure the
gas tank is filled with FRESH fuel as stale fuel won't burn well. Some
parts stores sell additives that guarantee you will pass testing, I
never have tried them but they do claim to work!
Also make sure you hear the frequency valve buzzing like an angry
hornet on the right side valve cover, if it isn't that could be the
problem.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757