With a friend's help, and the service manual, I had mine finished in one-and-a-half hours.

Darryl sells replacement bushes www.delorean-parts.com (3rd item down)

Martin

jason3625 wrote:

I am a Proud new owner of an August 81.... The steering column, I noticed while Driving it home the first time, has about an Inch play up and down and going over bumps it rattles. The problem is not the adjustment with the Wing Nut (Near the Front) it appears to be hitting the "Fire Wall" where is leaves the passenger compartment. I would think that it there is some kind of Rubber or Silicon bushing that the Steering column rests on to prevent the column from touching the "FireWall" I looked at the parts manual but I don't see anything there. Any Ideas?

Thanks
Jason
Dayton, Ohio