Re: What to monitor... (and how)

I wrote:

>> I'm in the process of making a small display that goes where
>> the clock originally lives. This panel will be used to monitor
>> several ELECTRICAL functions of my DeLorean.
[snip]

Then BOB wrote:

> Exactly how does your system monitor?
> It is a 4 digit display.
> can it measure current and/or voltages?

At the moment it's just a couple of LED's lighting when power
is supplied to certain wires, like those going to the separate
cooling fans and the ones coming from the Otterstat and
A/C compressor clutch (both before the diodes).

This is the easiest way and those were functions I wanted.
Measurements are not really a problem; a bit of circuitry is easily
made. I would prefer a simple LED on/off readout due to the position
of the lights; a bargraph is possible, but I want to stay away from
(alpha)numerical displays; that is one of the reasons for ditching
my clock!

I've allready gotten hold of some nice square (4 chip) LEDs trhat fit
nicely where I want them and I plan on making templates for symbols
to put on them so I get a lighting text or icon, just like the
"cooling fan fail" light on the A/C panel.

Hope this clarifies it a bit. Ideas are still welcome,
when I have it all finished I'll post some pics somewhere.
I want to have this finished before our next Dutch Club
meeting on April 21, so don't wait too long with all those
great ideas ;-)

Thanks,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...