Re: Depthe of radio (Was: DMC Houston radio Bracket Question (and others

On 08-03-2002 andy wrote:

> the reason most aftermarket decks stick out in the front
> is because the deck is actually built deeper than the OEM deck!

I don't know about the ASI-decks, but the original Craig I took
out of my car was allmost 2" LONGER than the DIN-style Kenwood
I put in then...
Because of this I was unable to attach the support strip at the
back, but I wasn't going to anyway.
Instead I used a sort of "cross-bar" between the two sides of the
bracket, packed in an old piece (for noise- and electrical insulation)
and of hose which the reck lies on at the back.

Most modern radio's I've built into cars are SHORTER than the old
ones, even when they sport an internal CD-player...

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000