SS Question.

I like to pride myself on knowing everything I can about my
DeLorean, but lately I've had a few questions about the Stainless
Steel body. What exactly is "Stainless Steel Sealer"? In the
Documents section of the DeLorean FAQ, a letter sent to the
dealers reccomends using a neutral soap when washing the
cars to avoid washing the sealer off. And I've seen on DMC
Houstons site that the Car Care Kit they sell includes a bottle of
sealer.

What exactly is this stuff supposed to do? Does it prevent
mildew & calcium deposits from collecting in the grain? If so, it's
something that my car really needs!

As usual, thanks in advance!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"