Re: lowered front end and jacking?

Andy - My car (Winged1) is lower than most I've seen, and I am able
to just slide a Craftsman floor "trolley" jack under the front
jacking points. I usually have to lift just a little using my knee
against the wheel arch, or a 2 X 4 lever between the floor and the
underbody, while sliding the trolley jack into position. That gets
me another inch or so to fit the jack. I don't know if I am just
misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you jack on the frame,
rather than the designed jacking points on the fiberglass underbody.
I personally wouldn't recommend that. I am assuming that the metal
jacking pads are securely installed on the underbody. Jacking on the
frame can cause flexing of the sheet metal webs, and cracking of the
epoxy, unless you hit a hard spot and provide protection between the
jack and the frame. If you're using the proper jacking points,
please ignore the preceeding lecture.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> how do those of you who have your car lowered jack up the front
end? [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]