Re: [DML] A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boo

Re: [DML] A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)

> Early models had a 500 ohm resister in parallel with the bulb and
> placed in the twist in type bulb holder. if they fell out or made poor
> contact, the alternator couldn't charge.

Don & John,
I have been wanting to replace all the bulbs in my a/c panel with bright
LEDs. On that thought, it would be nice to carry this idea a step further
to replace the warning lights with LEDs, too. Is there a way to do this
without hacking up other parts besides the bulbs? For the alternator light
you would need a bias resistor for the LED and then a shunt resistor to make
the circuit still work to support the alternator. Is there enough room in
the bulb socket for two resistors and an LED?

Walt Tampa, FL