Re: door lights

Before you tear into the wiring harness to check diodes make sure that
the wires to the door switches aren't pinched and are securely
connected to functioning door switches. Check both sides and make sure
the wires on the driver's side are so that the door buzzer switch and
the light switch aren't crossed, it is easy to accidently stick the
wrong wire onto the wrong switch, some owners to keep the lights off
when the doors are open pull a wire off of the door switch and strange
things happen when crossed. It is not impossible to have a bad diode
but it is unlikely. Refer to Workshop Manual M:18:12.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, DHughes030@xxxx wrote:
> There are three diodes located at the left hand front edge of
the
> console, on the drivers side. One is blue, one red, the other black.
Don't