Re: [DML] New Frame

shain@xxxx writes:
> Next year I'm removing the frame from the body in order to do some
> restoration. My frame is in fairly good condition, but what I want to do
> is have it totally stripped and rhino coated.

Shain,
Been there, done that. We Rhino Coated one frame and it turned out very
nice. A couple of things you need to watch out for, this stuff goes on pretty
thick - 1/8 to 1/4" or so. You will need to either mask off or remove the
coating from some surfaces where you can't have this thickness, like the
engine and tranny mounts, suspension pick up points, electrical grounds and
such. You will also need to re-tap all the threaded holes in the frame to
accept bolts. The one other thing you need to be aware of is this coating
will burn. You need to make sure you don't have any hot parts, like the
exhaust system, close to the coated frame. Personally, I still think POR-15
is the best coating method currently available for the Delorean frame. But
that is just my opinion.

Marty