Re: Oxygen Sensor & LAMBDA Counter.

Interesting, I was actually going to ask this very question today!
I've never done a valve adjustment before, so I was curious as to
how diffucult it would be to remove the rocker covers, and
perform the adjustments. The biggest thing seems to be simply
holding the A/C compressor up, and out of the way. I've never
done this before, but I do understand the procedure from what
I've read in the Service Manual, and from Volvo books as well. So
we'll see how it goes! So far, I have planed to replace the
alternator, rocker cover gaskets (leaks), and the muffler bracket
in the back as well. So I should be able to get this done in one
day, and all at once!

As for my O2 Sensor, it was fried. I've not been thru the "best of
times" with my motor. Everything from a disconnected Frequency
Valve, to an overheated engine, to misfires that have caused my
Cat to glow red. There was soot on the sensor threads when I
pulled it out. But, that PRV still runs strong, and can still give
other cars on the road a run for their money. But, anti-seize
compound was, and always is used sparingly. No matter if it's
the O2 sensor, or the sparkplugs.

As for the rest of the car, all new ignition parts have been
installed. I just now need to do a fluid change, and I'm set!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"