Re: [DML] RE: door opener actuators

Darryl and list,
The 15lb solenoids I had in my car don't even weigh 16 ounces. And the 50lb
Solenoids I have installed now are only a little heavier. No where near 5 to
6 pounds as Darryl claims.
Your door handles inner and outer are the easiest places to pull from.
Unfortunately you can't put your actuator or solenoid there. I had tapped
into the upper armature to open the doors with the my old 15's with the 50's
I had to relocate to the bottom part of the armature. If you want to take a
measurement for pull take it from the area you will be mounting your unit.
Sure the Solenoids draw more amps but only for a second. And anyone who
chooses Solenoids over Actuators don't have to buy ones with 50lb of pull.
Autoloc sells 35lb as well. I traded mine out because I wasn't happy with
VPA's 15lb Solenoids. I have been happy with autolocs, There 15lb Solenoids
just might work as well. They seem better made.
Curious, Darryl where do you install your actuators on your doors? Are they
push/pull actuators? Who makes them?
How many pounds of pull are they?

Regards,
Mike

> Try pulling up on your inner or outer door release handle with one finger.
If it takes more than the 15lb. pull my actuators have, you have some other
things to fix before going for remote opening doors. Why put in a 5 or 6
pound solenoid that draws heavy amperage and adds unnecessary weight when a
4 ounce motorized actuator will do the job? I have sold lots of them and
have not had a return or complaint yet.