The DMC as a Classic

No this is not an advertisement for the Memphis Car Show.

We have talked for years about our cars as a Classic. Its interesting
because the car is barely 20 years old and is being classified as a "Future
Classic"

What makes a car a classic,
For one - time.
And 20 years is hardly time.
Then it has to be desireable like the 55 T-Bird or unique like the Gullwing
Mercedes or it has to be an oddball that was so odd it became a classic over
time like the Edsel and of course rare and well publicized like the Tucker.

Well one thing they all had in common was they were popular for one reason or
another with the public.

Where does the DeLorean fit in.

Eventually I think we will find many of them in museums but in the mean time
we have a car that is unique in itself that after 20 years it can still be
driven as a daily driver.

I just talked to a new owner today and he bought a 20 year old car ----

for a daily driver.

Most cars in this 20 year range are undergoing restoration and are considered
future collection pieces. Or they are beaters. Anyone have a 1969-80
anything that didn't rust? Our cars are not only on the road and running but
they are doing it every day and most have been without major restorations.

We have an 89 Mustang 5.0L GT Convertable and an 85 Jaguar and neither of
them get the attention of the D.
By the way both the Jag and the Mustang take more maintenance than the D ever
has. The Jag is expensive and the Mustang is every day repairs although I
wouldn't trade either.

Our car is a Classic on wheels and as it ages gracefully it will take its
place in the museums as a car that made millions of people of ALL ages, smile
everytime they saw it. The Gull wings doors and the movies don't hurt
either. But even without the movies the car is destined to be one of the
most widely recognized cars in the world. Generation after generation know
the car and will be in the museums to see it along with the other classics:

Unless they are still driving them.

My point is enjoy driving your Classic its a rare bird (with wings)

See you in Memphis

Ken

<A HREF="http://deloreancarshow.com";>DeLoreancarshow.com</A>