Re: how many cars was:the aversion to customizing?

Re: how many cars was:the aversion to customizing?

In a message dated 2/23/02 11:51:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
deloreanbiker@xxxx writes:

> Not to challenge your figures, but the last I heard,
> the DOA had dropped to less than 1500 members.
> Perhaps they have recaptured some members by now.
> Also, a surprising number of DMLers are also DOAers so
> there is some double counting there. Maybe we are
> looking nearly 4000 cars.

My son and wife are listed on my DOA membership. Don't know if they consider
us one member of their total count or three, (either would be legitimate, I
figure,) but we only have one DeLorean. Likewise my son and I both are
DML'ers. Actually, I personally am "two" since it get it digest form in a
different screen name for archival purposes. And some DML'ers are not owners,
just tire kickers. (Like I once was.) Really kind of hard to tell from any of
these subscriber lists. Considering how rare it is to see one on the road,
there may be only a few hundred actually on the road. Other than in the
vicinity of a car show or D shop, (or ones I was test driving,) I've only
once seen one on the road in the last twenty years! I know there were at
least five other local or fairly local owners.

Wayne A. Ernst
11174