Re: [DML] Delorean World Article

Steve:

That is my car.

The kit is available from PJ Grady. There are two kits available. The one
that is on my car is a style that I got some five years ago. I am not sure
that Rob is still selling that one.

One of my friend purchased a set from Rob last year before the Fall Tour and
he got the one with the Lotus "style." The Lotus style has a hole as a ram
air scoop about 3/4 from the front and in the middle of the skirt it has the
name DeLorean embossed as the same way as the rear bumper. I personally do
like this side skirts because they are slightly smaller with a different
configuration and looks aerodynamic. The one I have makes the car look
bottom heavy -- "fat." I also don't like the Lotus style for it has the name
on it, which makes the DeLorean less conservative and more for the younger
mind set. I understand it can be order without it. The other problem is
that the hole is open and you can see through the other side. It SHOULD and
can be made to "work" as a real ram air scoop except, it will require a lot
of work to do so.

I would suggest that you ask Rob as the styles he has available. I hope that
helps. I will send you photo of my car.

BTW. The front spoiler is from J.C. Whitney and is no longer available. It
is made of rubber which will take the punishment much better then the
fiberglass one and I don't suggest the latter one which is available from
Rob.

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY