Re: It's finally in my garage!!!

The belt falling off is not common. Causes are pulleys out of
alignment, bad belt, bad bearing on idler pulley, loose belt, bent
pulley. Put it back on if all of the pulleys look lined up and the
idler pulleys turn easy. If it falls off again get another belt. The
window regulater failure is common, just replace the regulater with
the improved replacement. Keeping the doors open is fine as long as
you are sure no "critters" will get inside and trash the interior. A
common source of squeaks in the front is the coil springs. As the
lower control arm goes up and down the bottom of the coil spring tends
to move around a little. Just spray some lube on the lower coil spring
perch. It could also be the sway bar bushings. To find the source of
the squeaks have someone push up and down on the car while you go
under to find the point causing the noise. Use a lube that is
compatible with rubber. Some lubricants will quickly destroy rubber
parts. One great thing about Deloreans is that with a lot of elbow
grease the stainless can look like new!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Tony Pistachio <TheStash@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've included my original e-mail below since it's been a while and I
also had to change my ISP.

> Well I finally got my first D from Rob at PJ Grady's. It was a
consignment deal and looks a whole lot better then it did before they
started work on it! Although the three pages of services that were
done on it weren't cheap, I was really still quite surprised at how
great it looked. I had to glance at the VIN# to be sure it was the
same one. They are top notch down there.