Re: The Adventures of a Cadillac Alternator (long!)

Re: The Adventures of a Cadillac Alternator (long!)

Hmmm...I did it an easier way. I got a 105 AMP alternator from a
chevy cavalier and I used the original adjustment arm. Only
modifications needed was to sut a small amount off the alternator
mount that attaches to the engine and install a new plug onto the
harness. Alternator is the same size as the alternator.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxx> wrote:
> [First off, let me say that I can't be held resonsible if you hurt
yourself
> or cuse your car to trvel in tim unexpectedly by doing what I'm
about to
> detail. This will be my first white paper on the Cadillac
Alternator. Most
> documentation on the web I found helpful, but ultimately I thought
I would
> document my own experiences to help anyone else who might want to
try this.]

> First off, my car had the original Ducy alternator and had burned
through 2
> batteries before I wised up. I investigated the Motorola and other
> replacements from PJ Grady but decided to do it the hard (and less
> expensive) way.
>
> All of the parts that I used are available at Advance Auto. Here
they are:

> P7157 100 Amp Alternator from a 1980 Cadillac Deville - $69 with
$30 core
> DAYCO 15515 Alternator Belt - $14
> Mr Gasket Co. alternator adjustment arm #9851 - $13
> Calterm GM alternator plug #08602 - $3
> A pack of male terminal ends - $1

<SNIP>